Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency and high blood glucose levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp00kysk311y

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I was diagnosed with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency in 2019. Every time I have to use the toilet my sugars rise. They get extremely high, and won’t go down until I am off the toilet and even then I have to wait for a while until they do before I do a correction.

I would message my DSNs but honestly they make me feel like a burden every time I do.

Does anyone else have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency? And if so, why does it happen? And how can I get them to stop going high on the toilet??

Are you taking a Pert with your food like Creon, if you are then you might need to increase dose if your having frequent toilet visits, if not then you need to see a consultant to discuss starting on them.

Have EPI myself but condition is stable so don't experience high bg levels when emptying bowels.

Are you taking a Pert with your food like Creon, if you are then you might need to increase dose if your having frequent toilet visits, if not then you need to see a consultant to discuss starting on them.

Have EPI myself but condition is stable so don't experience high bg levels when emptying bowels.
I’m not taking anything other than Imodium(Loperamide) because the PERT didn’t work out for me. I’m due to getting a colostomy bag soon just don’t know how soon.
The PERT caused a lot of reactions. Especially Creon. I was paralysed in pain so ended up having a lot of accidents and no matter how much I changed the doses with my food Creon and the others just made EPI a worse disease for me than most. So it’s colostomy bag or starve myself as the deciders.

Hi I am suspected to have epi and have the same issue, a huge crash (when using insulin) also after going to the toilet, I also can’t take creon due to other conditions, I was bleeding internally when using it.
♥️

Hi I am suspected to have epi and have the same issue, a huge crash (when using insulin) also after going to the toilet, I also can’t take creon due to other conditions, I was bleeding internally when using it.
♥️
Yeah. I’m going to the colorectal surgery clinic tomorrow so hopefully I’ll be getting it soon and then no more high sugars with that. But I was hoping I could deal with it now while I’m waiting.

I’m not taking anything other than Imodium(Loperamide) because the PERT didn’t work out for me. I’m due to getting a colostomy bag soon just don’t know how soon.
The PERT caused a lot of reactions. Especially Creon. I was paralysed in pain so ended up having a lot of accidents and no matter how much I changed the doses with my food Creon and the others just made EPI a worse disease for me than most. So it’s colostomy bag or starve myself as the deciders.

Right sorry to hear that.

There's a tablet called Loperamide that's slows down food as it passes through body which might help as temp measure, Good luck in finding a solution to your issues.

Yeah. I’m going to the colorectal surgery clinic tomorrow so hopefully I’ll be getting it soon and then no more high sugars with that. But I was hoping I could deal with it now while I’m waiting.
I hope you get a date quickly, I haven’t found a way forward yet, hope you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back