• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions within our online community

Exercise bike.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ok, have finally got round buying the thing. It is now waiting to be assembled. My physio told me two years ago to use one, i had torn my meniscus. I was too nervous to do it sooner in case I damaged my pi3ir knee any further. But now am ready for
some low impact, low resistance cycling.Tour de France (in my head) here I come..

nonethewiser

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Great, we had secondhand one in garage, used at first then stated to collect dust, sold it & got more than paid for.

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Take it steady, build up the exercise, you'll soon see a difference!

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Great, we had secondhand one in garage, used at first then stated to collect dust, sold it & got more than paid for.
Ah, that is slightly different from other endings of exercise bikes. To date, a towel rail, dumping ground for washing and a place to sit and read (no cycling).

Chris Hobson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
We bought a DVD of the view from the front of a bike riding the route of the Tour De Yorkshire. My set up is a single speed bike on a turbo trainer. Also, stop being so negative you lot, you're supposed to be encouraging and supportive. Telling someone that their exercise bike is going to end up as a coat rack isn't helping.

janw

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Okay, got my son to lower the seat on our old exercise bike as he now has a new "real" bike to use, so I could actually get on it today (having a son of 6'5" and me being just about 5'2" - you can imagine the issue I had!!!). I do have COPD too to contend with, so it is a short burst now and then, hopefully will build on it. Anything to get me fitter and burning some calories. I like the idea of putting a phone in front to pretend you are outside on a journey - might have to add a bike phone holder to my Christmas list!!! :D

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I watch telly whilst on mine but it does not make it any more enjoyable for me! I only use as it helps with my knee, I started using following advise of physio following knee replacement.

janw

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Still been on bike when steps have been low, though was only doing 3 or 4 minute bouts. Today I put a virtual bike ride on my phone - and I was amazed that it was a full 10 minutes before my legs called time. Okay, it is on the low resistance but I need to build up time and lung capacity before I start progressing on the effort. Very happy with what I did today anyway.

janw

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am still at it, got up to 15 minutes in one go and was going for 20 minutes today, got to 17.5 mins and had to stop to use my inhaler - dang it! Will try and remember to use it before I start next time. So close, so close! Oh well, I got to add a nice high number of calories "burnt" to my food diary,