Exercise and Diabetes: Ironman Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Lyndsay Riffe, age 29, completed Ironman Wisconsin on Sunday, September 11, 2011. Lyndsay has been a member of Team WILD since WILD started 3 years ago. She is also one of WILD?s diabetes coaches. Here is Lyndsay?s Race Report! She has taken exercise with diabetes to new levels! This was Lyndsay?s first Ironman event.

IRONMAN RACE REPORT, From Lyndsay:

What an amazing journey this past year has been. I am always amazed after 26 years of living with type 1 diabetes how I continue to learn about my body. I can say the completion of this Ironman was the hard work of paying attention to such detail and truly listening to my body! For those reading this that don?t have diabetes, there will be much detail around my strategy (and sorry for the long report of things that may not make sense!) and for those reading with ?the betis? feel free to ask any questions that you may have about my strategies!

http://teamwild.org/2011/09/21/exercise-and-diabetes-ironman-report-from-lyndsay/

Good on her 🙂 Very well done and the detailed info on her management is nice to read. Well done Lyndsay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back