Excessive urination

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of diet are you following?

One of the side effects of forixga is increased peeing so....

Hi @Berksps. Do you know what your blood glucose levels are either by finger pricking or recent HbA1c? If they are well into the diabetic range, then the excessive peeing could be due to your T2 and getting the levels down is clearly the best approach.

If your blood glucose levels are under decent control then there are other possible reasons for it depending on whether you are a lady or a gentleman. Either way, if it is a nuisance or even heading for incontinence, it is best to take it up with your GP.

Little point to my mind in looking for treatments until the cause has been identified.

This seems to be the bane of my life currently.

I wondered if anyone out there has found any treatments that helped.

Am Type 2 on metformin ramipril and forixga

Thanks
That’s how the forxiga works. It makes you pee more to get rid of excess sugar.

Thanks all i am male. The forixga i am not keen on how it makes me feel. I am on 2x2 metformin i am guessing thats the max.

Thanks all i am male. The forixga i am not keen on how it makes me feel. I am on 2x2 metformin i am guessing thats the max.
I suspect it is the medication as you are meant to drink at least 3 litres a day which of course will lead to more frequent loo visits, however as you are male it may be worth getting your prostate checked if you haven't already.

I suspect it is the medication as you are meant to drink at least 3 litres a day which of course will lead to more frequent loo visits, however as you are male it may be worth getting your prostate checked if you haven't already.
It's always worth doing the latter - still kills far more men than breast or cervical cancer does women. Before lock down, killed one every 3/4 of a hour.

Sorry to hear you aren’t keen on how Forxiga is working out for you.

Has that been added fairly recently?

As the Forxiga is designed to encourage you to pass excess glucose in urine, have you made many changes to your menu to keep glucose levels down so that the Forxiga has less to pee out?

This seems to be the bane of my life currently.
Probably not what you want to hear, but, if you are only having minor leakage, I find black jeans helpful. Providing your BG's are reasonable, they are quite good at disguising those little accidents. The problem is that if your BG's are way too high, the white sugar residue will really stand out!

Also, you are likely to be having severe fungal infections in the groin area. I find using Lamisil Once as prophylactic at the beginning of summer is a lot easier than repeatedly applying an ointment once the infection starts. note, this is an off-label use and you need to dicuss it with your Doctor and/or Pharacist before procededing.

Hi. If this is a long term problem and you are older rather than younger then prostate issues can be the cause as they were for me and many others. Do see the GP if you think this is possible.

I am beginning to think it is a prostrate issue i wont lie i am very worried about the examination process. Does anyone know of any natural remedies i read something about warm water at night.

I am beginning to think it is a prostrate issue i wont lie i am very worried about the examination process. Does anyone know of any natural remedies i read something about warm water at night.
If it is a prostate issue you need to get properly checked out, usually a physical exam, possibly a CT or MRI and a PSA blood test.
You often see herbal or 'quack' remedies advertised but there are several medications which are prescribed if needed.
It is not something to take risks over.
My other half has had 2 TURP surgeries for Benign Enlarged Prostate, he was taking 2 different medications prior to the last one 16 months ago. It has reduced the loo visits from at least 7 during the night to usually now only 1.

The examination is absolutely fine.
I had mine a few weeks ago, and there is no discomfort, it's a perfectly standard procedure.

If it is a prostate issue then get it checked out. My prostate has been examined by all and sundry, from rank amateur novices to the real pros. It really is not a big deal.

PS... my prostate is enlarged (quite big by all accounts) but it entirely due to ageing with nothing sinister going on and the rather irritating consequences are controlled by medication. Knowing that was worth all the clinic visits - even the novice examinations!

Forget natural remedies, if your concerned about your postrate then get it checked out, takes all of 5mins.

Had mine checked last month by nurse practitioner, pleased to say all was good.

If it is a prostate issue then get it checked out. My prostate has been examined by all and sundry, from rank amateur novices to the real pros. It really is not a big deal.

PS... my prostate is enlarged (quite big by all accounts) but it entirely due to ageing with nothing sinister going on and the rather irritating consequences are controlled by medication. Knowing that was worth all the clinic visits - even the novice examinations!
Can i ask what sort of medication can be taken for this kind of thing. Did it help with your general welfare.

Can i ask what sort of medication can be taken for this kind of thing. Did it help with your general welfare.
My other half had Tamsulosin and finasteride. But I'm sure there are others but it really depends on the precise diagnosis.

I take a daily dose of Tamsulosin and Finasteride. Still have some manageable problems - I never pass a gents - but since starting them the acute urinary retention which put me in hospital a couple of times has not reoccurred. Of the pills I take, they are the ones that I am quite sure I could not do without, so yes, they have done wonders for my general welfare.

Usual caveat... that's my experience, no suggestion that somebody elses experience would be the same.

PS... have you sorted out a doctors appointment to talk it through?

I take a daily dose of Tamsulosin and Finasteride. Still have some manageable problems - I never pass a gents - but since starting them the acute urinary retention which put me in hospital a couple of times has not reoccurred. Of the pills I take, they are the ones that I am quite sure I could not do without, so yes, they have done wonders for my general welfare.

Usual caveat... that's my experience, no suggestion that somebody elses experience would be the same.

PS... have you sorted out a doctors appointment to talk it through?
This is something the OP should definitely get investigated as my OH ended up being catheterised due to the prostate becoming vascularised whilst waiting 2 years plus for the second TURP.
He found the finasteride caused him palpitations so he didn't take that in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back