Excellent Blood Glucose Tester Service - Recommendation! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbansoulpie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Everyone.

I just wanted to make sure everyone knows about the 'Freinds for Life' programme run by Abbott (makers of the Freestyle range of blood glucose meters).

'Friends for Life' really is good and worth while being a member of. It is a free service and it has helped me many times. If you meter breaks they will send you a replacement, they also send out replacement batteries, advice, control solution, software and data cables (all free of charge).

Recently my BG meter kept saying Error 4, so I rang 'Friends for Life' and was posted out a new replacement meter the same day with 50 test strips (you only get 10 strips if you buy it from a chemist). They also sent me a record book, data cables and software.

The data cables are so you can conect your BG meter up to your pc and use their software (free to download from their website) to record your BG results, make graphs, spot trends etc.

I know it sounds like I'm working for Abbott but I'm not - I'm just really impressed with their helpful and efficient service so diabetes like us, who lives are already filled with anough annoyances connected to BG tests!!

I use the Frestyle Lite BG tester and find it very easy to use and reliable. It also requires a very small blood sample, which is always a plus!

So if you already use a Freestyle meter, it's a great idea to register ofr the service and if you are needing a new meter I would definately recommend the Freestyle range!

Over all a big thumbs up.

More info at the link below -
http://www.abbottdiabetescare.co.uk/

USP
x

Nice to hear of good service! I think the meter companies are generally very good - they want us to use thier strips! I've got an Accu-chek aviva and nano, and the also sent me free software and cables, batteries, record books etc. The software was even couriered and arrived the next day!

Cheers for that usp, I may have a look.

Just a thought/question to all, how many people actually download there figures to a computer? I haven't even considered it until now, I think it would make you more obssesed by it, and although it is obviously very important to understand ones body and get greater control etc I feel it wouldn't be a good thing? Just a question don't shoot me down please! If you do download, then fair play to you.

Cheers for that usp, I may have a look.

Just a thought/question to all, how many people actually download there figures to a computer? I haven't even considered it until now, I think it would make you more obssesed by it, and although it is obviously very important to understand ones body and get greater control etc I feel it wouldn't be a good thing? Just a question don't shoot me down please! If you do download, then fair play to you.

I do, but only periodically. It's helpful if you've got a DSN or consultant appointment coming up, as it's a convenient way of showing them how your control has been, rather than just figures in a record book.

I don't record my result as I do them, so to be able to download them every so often is helpful to me, especially as mentioned before if I have a DSN appointment coming up.

Also when I used to write them down after each test, my book got such a mess!
🙂

hi urban yes i am a member i have a freestyle lite meter and i joined a few months back also recieved a card for my wallet in the post

Just to add that everything which applies to the freestyle range mentioned above, also applies to the xceed meters.

Yes, we have an xceed monitor and we are a 'friend for life' and receive the same excellent service! 🙂🙂

I need to get this cable. Does the software work on a mac though? I don't write down any of my results even though it's really useful to do to spot patterns, I just can't seem to be motivated to do it longer than a couple of weeks, so think it would be good to just download them

Hi Everyone.

'Friends for Life' really is good and worth while being a member of. It is a free service and it has helped me many times. If you meter breaks they will send you a replacement, they also send out replacement batteries, advice, control solution, software and data cables (all free of charge).

USP
x

Life Scan are also very good. We got caught up in the terrorist thing when you couldn't take hand luggage (we were flying from Heathrow the day it started) and I had to put my meter into the hold. Unfortunately none of the luggage that day was lodaed onto the plane but came up to Scotland on a lorry about a week later. Although I had taken 2 meters with me, this meant I had none at home.

I phoned lifescan and they very kindly posted me a new meter for nothing. (Sometime you should just phone and ask for things.) They also do the free batteries, books and control solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back