Ex Atos Nurse Reveals The Real Inside Story?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I resigned from Atos in 2012.

As a nurse, I was taught to care and be compassionate about the people I was in contact with. This was not the case with Atos.

It was very much a target driven role and you were under constant pressure to meet these targets. We had to see a minimum of 6 clients per day, some nurses were managing 10 and I often wondered how. I was warned, on a number of occasions, about this. If another nurse asked for help, I was more than happy to help or discuss a difficult case. My manager had a firm, but polite, word with me in a quiet corner, and reminded me of my role, which was to meet targets, not have general chit chat with colleagues. We were not allowed to offer any advice to our clients and we were not supposed to engage in a conversation, unless it was about the assessment. This was extremely hard to avoid, especially with a client with learning difficulties, who would often love to chat!

http://atosvictimsgroup.co.uk/2013/01/31/ex-atos-nurse-reveals-the-real-inside-story/

:(

Interesting reading. I heard yesterday from a colleague that ATOS are not even a British company so much like Starbucks don't pay taxes to HMRC.

I'm V worried about a rellie.

Been on heavy duty MH drugs for yonks, but had an unplanned preg and had to stop the lot instantly. Kept the babe, doing OK but has lost 3 stone in the process, now weighs 6stone 2 lbs. They've agreed to start reintroducing the psych drugs TG - but only one at a time and a drip at a time - could take years to get it right again - and she's just had the 50 page Qnr from ATOS .....

Her only alternative it appears is to admit herself as an inpatient to the Psych Hospital (or be Sectioned) so all 3 of her children would have to go into care ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back