Everyday is a school day with diabetes

Freddie1966

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had a tough lesson today . Had high sugars this morning felt awful. Didn’t come down as it should have even though I injected nova. Couldn’t understand it felt rotten all day been between 19 and 10 . This evening suddenly thought I’d check the pen . It’s damaged and nothing was coming out . Why didn’t I check earlier I normally check with every injection . Feel so much better now I’ve got insulin in me .

freesia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Poor you feeling rough with it. I'm glad you're feeling better now. I think its so easy to make mistakes, thinking about family, work, Diabetes, covid and a hundred other things. I have a system i use to make sure i take my insulin. A few months ago my levels shot up to around 18 all morning and i couldn't understand why. Turns out i'd been thinking of other things and forgot to inject with breakfast. Duh!!! Hope you continue to feel better tomorrow

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to hear this @Freddie1966

Yes I got very lazy with airshots while on MDI, but one or two similar experiences convinced me to check the pen was working properly before each dose!

Hope it’s a long time before anything like that happens to you again. :)