Every Deteriorating NHS Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuartB

I am sure many people are getting great support, however West Sussex seems to be going out of its way to do the opposite. Still waiting for annual diabetic plan since March 2023, even though GP is aware.Asked for Libre FreeSyle update to version 2. GP sent message to Worthing Hopspial, who then sent it back to GP, with request to add sensor to prescription. Forgot to mention it’s up to you to contact Abbot Diabetes Care to request updated reader. Referred to Eye Clinic @ Royal Surrey Hospital in 2019 due to eye pressures. All okay, follow up scheduled for 2020. Never happened, then Covid hit. So 2 years of useless telephone follow ups. Follow up appointment in March 2023, and surprise surprise you have glaucoma! No information given apart from take drops for rest of life. No mention about having to inform DVLA and car insurance! Field of vision test compromised because I still had to wear a mask. Result loss of peripheral vision left eye, right eye test abandoned! Hmm difficult to explain to insurer. Had Optometrist do an extended field of vision test, result normal….wonder how much time will be wasted on phone with so much contradictory information

Sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time @StuartB

Perhaps give the DUK Helpline a call - they may be able to advise on next steps. I believe there is an advocacy service that can sometimes get involved.

Are you considering making a formal complaint through PALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back