Evening nibbles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnyside3049

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi everyone, I have T2 diabetes, I have put myself on a "shake the weight " diet, all ok,but in the evenings I feel peckish, any ideas please? I don't want to spoil my diet ,thank you in advance Sue x

Do you like sprouts? Roasted sprouts sprinkled with salt could work well as a "crisp" replacement.

Hi everyone, I have T2 diabetes, I have put myself on a "shake the weight " diet, all ok,but in the evenings I feel peckish, any ideas please? I don't want to spoil my diet ,thank you in advance Sue x
Within the constraints of your diet (horrible word) maybe eating a bit more for your evening meal would then mean you would not feel peckish in the evening. Hard to suggest things as we don't know the basis of the 'diet'.
Many have nuts, cheese, yoghurt if they are doing low carb or just a nice coffee.

I was assuming that "shake the weight" meant it was one of those shake/soup diets with a limited allocation of calories for healthy foods

Within the constraints of your diet (horrible word) maybe eating a bit more for your evening meal would then mean you would not feel peckish in the evening. Hard to suggest things as we don't know the basis of the 'diet'.
Many have nuts, cheese, yoghurt if they are doing low carb or just a nice coffee.
At the moment I am on 3 shakes a day, + a salad at around 5ish, I am consuming around 800 calories a day ,some days it is 900, I tried a low fat/ carb diet, but I didn't lose any weight, so I have decided to kick start the weight. Thank you.

I have been told that sugar/carb free beef jerky is the answer, for a quick fix.

I try not to snack too much because I never know when to stop but I sometimes buy nuts (peanuts or walnuts) or as @Leadinglights has said, I will often just have a lovely coffee made with double or single cream, instead of milk and that feels like a pudding :D

Hi @Sunnyside3049 - don't you think that snacking is sort of defeating the objective of the shake approach to losing weight????

A bit of grim determination not to be tempted might be in order followed by a smug smile of satisfaction when you arrive at the next shake having not succumbed!

Or put another way, it will be tricky to come up with a snack that deals with your peckishness but does not have some calorie content. 😉

Hi @Sunnyside3049 - don't you think that snacking is sort of defeating the objective of the shake approach to losing weight????

A bit of grim determination not to be tempted might be in order followed by a smug smile of satisfaction when you arrive at the next shake having not succumbed!

Or put another way, it will be tricky to come up with a snack that deals with your peckishness but does not have some calorie content. 😉
Thank you for your reply...I have been told 1 cup of hot Bovril @ 10 calories, will help. I tried it last night, and that is all I needed, also I have lots of grim determination. Sue.

I would have the salad an hour or two later, then drink peppermint tea or sparkling water when I felt hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back