evening levels plus night

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
last night graham was 8.5 before going to bed i gave him an apple (small) and this morning was 6.9 at 3 o'clock am was 11 so i thought that maybe was going in hipo around 5o'clock am but he didnt so i am really happy that i did not panick🙂

well done - its hard not to panic in the middle of the night. Glad he's OK 🙂

graham has gone to bed at 9.5 will see what happenduring the night he was still hungry and i did another apple

It will be interesting to see what level Graham wakes on as I wouldnt have thought he needed anything if he was 9.5 before bed. If he is waking up on the low side after having an apple - then a pump would help to sort this out - its a pity Graham doesnt like the idea of a pump.🙂Bev

graham this morning was 5.2 hurray!!!! and in the night went down 8.5 from9.5 so i am really happy so maybe i am to over worried!!!

well done 🙂

you have mentioned an apple as a small snack before bed! if sugards are slightly on the low side, is this a good thing to have? i usually have a peice of toast or small bowl of ceral, but find this can be too much carb so am wakin hgigher than would like

Perhaps reduce Graham's basal insulin by one or two units and see if he doesn't hypo without the apple?

That's what used to be my problem.

you have mentioned an apple as a small snack before bed! if sugards are slightly on the low side, is this a good thing to have? i usually have a peice of toast or small bowl of ceral, but find this can be too much carb so am wakin hgigher than would like

this what graham had cereal but they said is too much so i change for apple also this morning spot on bed 9.7 morning4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back