Eva Wiseman: Bravo for bikinis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The BBC's new online "global fat scale" is just another tool to demonise our curves. Isn't it time we got our obsession with weight in proportion?

Ah, glad you asked ? I am pro-bikini. Utterly. I am pro the bikini body. The body that spills milkily over an Asos waistband, the body that, with thighs slapping against each other, applauds itself as it runs into the sea. I am pro the rare feeling of sun on your belly and, after that initial fear of exposing yourself falls away, the fresh liberation when you realise nobody cares about your armpits. Nobody cares about your inner thighs. A selfish reason why I'm sad that Nora Ephron died is that she was one of few people who reminded us that, instead of a thing sent to intimidate and upset us, the bikini can make you feel fantastic. "Oh, how I regret not having worn a bikini for the entire year I was 26," she wrote. "If anyone young is reading this, go, right this minute, put on a bikini, and don't take it off until you're 34."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/aug/05/eva-wiseman-bikini-body-image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back