Eugh, tummy bug!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitchy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We're currently sharing a tummy bug round in our family (not by choice lol!)... bit of an odd one but I just wanted to share that (for anyone who's wavering about the benefits of a pump!) this was the first one I've had since starting on the pump, and it was brilliant! (The pump, that is! 😱)

Despite - sorry for the detail - extreme diarrhea (however you spell it!) and vomiting, and not being able to keep anything down, I didn't have a single BG result in double figures, which for me is just utterly amazing! It was so unlike the previous 3 decades of being on injections with residual long acting insulin playing havoc with the levels when not eating, or my memories as a kid of being forced to try & stomach dry cream crackers & flat lucozade, yuk!! Although I was worried about maybe bending the cannula because of the retching, it was fine, phew! So another hoped for benefit of pumping has been realised for me, despite my bag-load of initial reservations! 🙂

Just got to find the energy now to continue looking after the two little 'uns (one of whom has had it a couple of days already) and the hubby, currently feeling very poorly...! Fun fun fun! 🙂

Three cheers for the pump! 🙂 Hope you are all feeling better soon, Twitchy. 🙂

GWS twitch and all, we all had it about a month hope it dont stick around to long hun x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back