EU regulator backs Novo's new long-acting insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Novo Nordisk's ultra long-acting insulin Tresiba has been recommended for approval by the European Medicines Agency in an important boost for the Danish drugmaker's key new product.

The European endorsement, announced by the London-based agency on Friday, comes after the diabetes treatment hit regulatory delays in the United States.

Tresiba, or degludec, is central to Novo's aim of ending Sanofi's dominance of the long-acting insulin market and the group said it expected to launch it in several European markets early next year, subject to final approval.

http://www.brecorder.com/world/europe/86945-eu-regulator-backs-novos-new-long-acting-insulin-.html

Hmm, wonder what it does that Lantus doesn't? - not stinging in the first place would be a good start, I say!

Hmm, wonder what it does that Lantus doesn't? - not stinging in the first place would be a good start, I say!

Tresiba? (insulin degludec)
:Type 1 and 2 diabetes
:Filed for registration

Novo Nordisk is developing Tresiba? (NN1250), an ultra-long-acting basal insulin, for the treatment of type 1 and 2 diabetes. Tresiba? (NN1250) is approved in Japan and has been submitted for marketing authorisation in the US, Europe and other major markets. Tresiba?'s (NN1250) duration of action of more than 24 hours, is intended to offer a flexible once-daily treatment and an improved safety profile.
http://www.novonordisk.com/science/pipeline/rd_pipeline.asp?showid=1

It lasts more than 24 hours so they claim, might be the answer.
Which is just fine as long as you have the same basal profile as the insulin.

So what, you take it at lunchtime the first day, half past 4 the next, 9pm, then after you go to bed?

If it's anything like any other long-acting insulin, it won't behave like what they say anyway! LOL

So what, you take it at lunchtime the first day, half past 4 the next, 9pm, then after you go to bed?

If it's anything like any other long-acting insulin, it won't behave like what they say anyway! LOL

My thoughts exactly.

Yes, I can't understand why you would want an insulin that didn't fit into a 24-hour schedule :confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back