Estimated HBA1c on MySugr App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good morning

I have just seen my HBA1c is 41 on MySugr from the 7 pin prick tests I have added each day for the last week. How accurate is the figure. I am not having my next official test until the beginning of October as that will be 3 months after the first one and I’m trying to avoid medication for as long as possible. My level was 80 on 1st July. Is it really possible for it to have halved in less than 3 months or should I prepare for a higher result from the blood test

I am just interested to hear from others that use this app at how accurate the level is compared to the blood test result

It was estimating something like 32 for me when I spent months doing a lot of finger pricks, and I actually got 39 at my last test. My Libre sensor app also estimated 32 as well.

My hba1c went from 83 to 36 in three months, so it is possible. I was in 1000mg of Metformin which would have helped a little, although not sure how much!

I guess in part it will depend on 2 things - one is how accurately the fingersticks you are taking reflect your overall BG levels - that is, whether or not you are capturing your highs, as well as lows and on-targets, in roughly the right proportions.

And the other is how well the formula used reflects the association between your average BG and your HbA1c.

Fingersticks and HbA1c measure completely different things. so there is no mathematical conversion. The best they can manage is a formula which roughly tracks pairs of data points where average fingerstick and HbA1c are known, with a sort of ‘best fit’ estimate.

I always found the estimate a bit on the low side myself, perhaps 5-10mmol/mol lower than my blood test

Both the mSugr app and my libre predication, are both much lower than my actual lab HBA1C. Last estimates 50 actual 56.

Both the mSugr app and my libre predication, are both much lower than my actual lab HBA1C. Last estimates 50 actual 56.
Ahhh thanks for this. I will hope for my level to be in the 40s or low 50s in October with the official test so I don’t get too disappointed and build my hopes up x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back