Ergh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I feel like rubbish today =( Full of cold, Headache and level up in their 15's.
Just rubbish

Hope you feel better soon. Don't forget to have plenty sugar free fluids, and try and eat. Soup and toast are good light meals if you domn't feel like much else.

Hope you feel better soon, if you are unable to eat, do replace with small amount of lucozade, check ure urine for ketones, and check your blood glucose more than normal.

cant test for ketones. tried asking for some ketones sticks to be added to perscrip n doc said i didnt need them...

cant test for ketones. tried asking for some ketones sticks to be added to perscrip n doc said i didnt need them...

That's rubbish and your doctor should know better. As a type 1 you should have these to hand, as ketones can lead to ketoacidosis very quickly. Next time you see him, just tell him you want them added to your repeat, any problems ring your diabetic clinic.

let me at him 😡 if he wont prescribe them, pick some up yourself - ?5 for 50. and then go yell at him. i had the same problem with my dr about a year ago, i got my dsn to ring them up and have a go

Hope you feel better soon.

Hes retiring in the next few months thank god!

(((Hugs))) hope you are feeling better soon xx

I hope you feel better soon.

My understanding was that if you are type 1 the Dr will prescribe ketone strips but if you are type 2 the Dr will use their own judgement.

Is it possible that your Dr has you as a type 2 ?

I would try calling the surgery and explain how rough you are feeling - and how having the ability to test for ketones could help you know whether you need further help, at least it could reassure you that you don't need that assistance.

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back