Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodgearing

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Diagnosed with T2 back in July.
Getting to grips with the regime.
Lots of exercise
Adjusted the diet in accordance with......
Lost almost 2 stone in weight from 16 stone down to 14 stone and a bit.
Need new trousers etc.
BUT
Erectile dysfunction is a bit worrying so.....
What meds are others with T2 taking to assist with their erectile problem(s)
I am taking Metformin (of course) and Bisoprolol.

Diagnosed with T2 back in July.
Getting to grips with the regime.
Lots of exercise
Adjusted the diet in accordance with......
Lost almost 2 stone in weight from 16 stone down to 14 stone and a bit.
Need new trousers etc.
BUT
Erectile dysfunction is a bit worrying so.....
What meds are others with T2 taking to assist with their erectile problem(s)
I am taking Metformin (of course) and Bisoprolol.
You should perhaps talk to your doctor as it could be a side effect of the bisoprolol. It may be not wise to start self -medicating for the ED if you are taking that medication.

It will depend on exactly what's actually causing the ED for each individual bloke, as to what might work for him. It is not a 'normal/automatic' side effect of diabetes anyway. Hence - you absolutely need to take your own GP's advice and try whatever drugs are suggested for you, to see whether they help or not.

ED is not uncommon with diabetics, root cause is damage to blood vessels and nerves, and heath issues such as high blood pressure can be a cause - something that is also common in people with high blood sugar. I'd talk to your doctor about it. (I speak as someone who needs to have a similar conversation, although it's improved since I got blood sugar under control.)

Sorry, but I keep reading your user name as 'rodgering' which is making me laugh like Syd James.

There are some suggestions and some information here which might help @Rodgearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back