Entertainment and jokes section of the forum is missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Does anyone know what happened to it? And is it a permanent omission?

Trouble is, it’s almost impossible to make a joke these days without giving offence to someone, albeit inadvertently. Perhaps a joke section is inappropriate for the forum. Does it mean our Competitive Wordling thread has gone with it, though, @rebrascora?

Last edited:
Off the subject has disappeared too.

Trouble is, it’s almost impossible to make a joke these days without someone taking offence. Does it mean our Competitive Wordling thread has gone with it, though, @rebrascora?
Yes, it was Mumpie who alerted me to the Wordling thread being missing via PM. He thought perhaps it was his new phone, but I had a quick look and realized the whole section had gone plus any references to it in my alerts box are also gone.

Maybe those sections had subject matter which breached the clear terms and conditions of use for the support forum, and some members had reported online hate speech for moderation?

I believe there's an "anything goes" policy for online spaces like the Daily Mail, Spiked, Telegram, Dark Web, Westboro Baptist Church, if anyone is feeling that this is political correctness gone too far!

Trouble is, it’s almost impossible to make a joke these days without someone taking offence. Does it mean our Competitive Wordling thread has gone with it, though, @rebrascora?
I suppose we could always restart posting our Wordle results on the Group 7-day waking average thread.

I suppose we could always restart posting our Wordle results on the Group 7-day waking average thread.
I’d be reluctant to do that, we would tend to clutter it up with something that only 4-5 of us are interested in. I may just take a break from it and see what happens. Something may come back, I think it would be a dull place if we have to confine ourselves to Diabetes only, sometimes I need the respite of flicking through the off topic stuff if I’ve been reading and responding to people with complex or serious problems.

I’d be reluctant to do that, we would tend to clutter it up with something that only 4-5 of us are interested in. I may just take a break from it and see what happens. Something may come back, I think it would be a dull place if we have to confine ourselves to Diabetes only, sometimes I need the respite of flicking through the off topic stuff if I’ve been reading and responding to people with complex or serious problems.
Maybe we can just restart under this tab as well? I don't really see why some threads under General Message board are OK but all of the jokes / extra curricular ones aren't

Still wondering (hoping) that it's a glitch or clerical error. I like to see some other sides to people posting (within reason)

It makes you wonder what the next section due for an audit will be.

Answers on a postcard to Horace Batchelor Dept 1 KEYNSHAM Bristol. (Now there's a blast from the past}

It makes you wonder what the next section due for an audit will be.

Answers on a postcard to Horace Batchelor Dept 1 KEYNSHAM Bristol. (Now there's a blast from the past}

Fading in and out on Radio Luxembourg before Radio Caroline came on the air!

A cannibal and a mortician go to couples therapy.

Therapist: How can I help you two?
Mortician: I think he only wants me for my body!
Cannibal: What can I say? I like to eat fresh.

Spelt K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M.

I only know the reference because of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back