Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to get things in perspective. Things can always be worse, but then equally they can often be better. Simple but effective.

Sorry to hear that @alextshulak What do you mean by saying you feel it’s getting worse? Do you mean your blood sugar control? Dealing with it emotionally? Or something else?

Have you got the Libre? What were you referring to when you said about things that make it easier not being offered to you? Do tell us more. You’ll get support and advice here 🙂

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time @alextshulak

Sounds like you might be experiencing a period of diabetes burnout / diabetes distress.

These are increasingly recognised as a significant challenge for people living with the burden of daily diabetes management for many years. If you are lucky there might be a counsellor or therapist connected to your hospital with experience of diabetes who could offer some support.

One of our members @SB2015 had a period of distress / depression brought on by diabetes and documented some strategies that helped which may give you some ideas?

Perhaps call the Diabetes UK helpline tomorrow (9-6 Mon to Fri) on 0345 123 2399 one of our friendly and helpful advisers may be able to give you pointers of places to get help and support?

Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with your diabetes management, but really pleased that you have found the forum because just sharing how you are feeling with others who face the same challenges can be really helpful as well as learning tips and tricks from them as to how you can improve things or possibly advice on how to increase your chances of getting any tech you feel would help you.

If you can tell us a bit more about how you currently manage your diabetes ie. Which insulin(s) you use? Pump or MDI?
Libre or other Constant Glucose Monitoring (CGM) system you use if any? What the difficulties are that you are experiencing. ie is it practically managing your BG levels or mental burnout.... or both?
How long you have been diagnosed and most recent HbA1c?
Plus any other info you think might be relevant?

Hopefully we can give you some help and support from our own extensive combined experience.

Hi @alextshulak I am sorry to hear how you are finding it difficult living with Type1, but very pleased that you have found the forum. It is a great place for practical advice as well as support from people that ‘get it’.

As @everydayupsanddowns mentioned I went through a patch where I was overwhelmed with all that I had to do around managing my diabetes. It took me a long time to ask for help and then arrange for a counsellor to work with. For me, as a late starter with T1 (aged 53 at diagnosis) and a mathematician I was determined to get things ‘right’ and I set myself unrealistic targets, for others it is the interruptions that diabetes causes and the never ending ‘work’ we have to do that causes stress/anxiety/depression. I hope that the strategies I used and posted in the link from @everydayupsanddowns can help you too.

If you can tell us a little more about how you manage your diabetes and the issues that are causing you more stress at present we will be able to help you more. The resources that we have available to us have improved and I am wondering what you have managed to get access to. Have you been given Libre or other CGm? Are you using injections or a pump. They each have their pros and cons, and there is loads of experience to tap into on here.

Keep in touch. Ask any questions. Have a rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back