Ending tenancy early on health issues

• Thread starter Thread starter Pat91
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pat91

Hi all, wondered if anyone could help me. I recently moved into a new flat on my own for the first time. Problem is I'm experiencing mental distress and always feel on edge and the stress is affecting my diabeties. Do I have any ground to end my tenancy.

Hi all, wondered if anyone could help me. I recently moved into a new flat on my own for the first time. Problem is I'm experiencing mental distress and always feel on edge and the stress is affecting my diabeties. Do I have any ground to end my tenancy.
Hi Pat,
I suspect you can end your tenancy any time you like but if you signed up for 6 mths and leave after a month then I see no reason what so ever for the landlord not to charge you for the 5 months left on the tenancy.

Hopefully you can find a solution for your depression, perhaps asking your GP for help as running away all the time can not be helpful either.

You can’t use diabetes as an excuse to end a contract early, if you’ve committed to pay for a certain length of time then you’ll need to pay that unless you can come to some sort of arrangement with your landlord.

No, but you could check your contract first, then possibly ask the landlord if you could end it early. You’d probably have to pay extra to cover admin and expenses.

How long have you been in the flat? Yes, living alone for the first time can be stressful and lonely sometimes too, but if you get into a routine it helps enormously. If you’re feeling really distressed, do speak to your GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back