Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny105

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
HI folks Happy Christmas........
About a month ago I got fed up with readings going Up 17 the highest. Down, lowest 4.8 then Up and down. With weight falling below 7 1/2 stone. I used the website of the Association of dieticians with filter of diabetes and underweight and to 2 candidates and picking one from Plymouth who did online sessions.
Ive done 2 weeks of charts and readings. The dietician is of the opinion that my meds are not coping. I 'm doing a 2nd 2week period which will cover Xmas and New Year. If the evidence shows my readings are consistently too high on very moderate carbs she will contact my GP.
My weight has risen by a few pounds using extra protein and one cocoa with full fat milk a day.

The GP knows I'm using a dietician.

HI folks Happy Christmas........
About a month ago I got fed up with readings going Up 17 the highest. Down, lowest 4.8 then Up and down. With weight falling below 7 1/2 stone. I used the website of the Association of dieticians with filter of diabetes and underweight and to 2 candidates and picking one from Plymouth who did online sessions.
Ive done 2 weeks of charts and readings. The dietician is of the opinion that my meds are not coping. I 'm doing a 2nd 2week period which will cover Xmas and New Year. If the evidence shows my readings are consistently too high on very moderate carbs she will contact my GP.
My weight has risen by a few pounds using extra protein and one cocoa with full fat milk a day.

The GP knows I'm using a dietician.
Does the dietician think that you may need insulin as the other meds are not working and you are struggling to put any weight back on.
What sort of things is she advising you to eat.
Brilliant that you found someone who will interact with your GP.

Sounds promising @Jenny105

Hope you manage to gradually bring those levels down, and hopefully get access to some meds which are more appropriate. 🙂

Thanks for the encouragements.
The dietician hasn't spelt out any additives or alternatives as yet. Im guessing insulin is one. My history shows the story so far. The dietician was very encouraging , saying for all the hard work I was putting in it was discouraging for me not to get results. watch this space

The dietician has finished her deliberations. After the next Ab1Hc its hoped she can speak to my GP about my medication in light of her findings.

Good to see you are taking control. I too struggled to gain weight, though as i am T1 what worked for me may not apply to T2, but good luck to you

@Tdm Thanks. The dietician is of the impression (from a months chart of food intake. readings and weight), that my increased dose of meds is not working for me.
A change of meds or some background insulin is suggested which should enable me to eat a more liberal diet. eg acceptable amount of porridge, wholemeal bread, melon, and other carbs which raise my glucose readings much too high at present. Weight is lost or very little gain on my.
The only bread I can eat at present is 2 x slices of Luvlife bread (under 4 carbs a slice).

The dietician has finished her deliberations. After the next Ab1Hc its hoped she can speak to my GP about my medication in light of her findings.

Hope ot goes well Jenny 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back