Empagliflozin Side Effects

NotJustME

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on the above and hope that someone can help.

I started taking Empagliflozin (10mg) on the 25th July and since that time have been plagued with terrible pain, bloating, wind and loose stool.

I have spoken with my GP practice about this and they are adamant that this issue is not related to the drug, as side effects associated are usually exclusively restricted to the urinary tract.

Does anyone know or have experience of what I am dealing with in this regard? Though I have many other issues, I am certain that these two things are connected.

Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Can't help directly but if you use the search function (top right of screen) and enter empagliflozin in the search box you will find lots of reference to it on the forum. If you browse through the results you will get a picture of how members have reacted to it.

You may also want to check the Patient Information Leaflet in the box? It may have more rare side effects listed?

The NHS website doesn’t list bloating, wind, or loose stools on the web page

FYI Cleveland Clinic"s Empagflozin page suggests you stop this medication right away when you have symptoms which sound similar to yours. I suggest you read the page and then do what you and/or your GP/DN think fit.

Back