Empagliflozin 10mg advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul2020

Hi
went to doctors for blood test. They called and said my test was 9 for sugar level. and i had alot of red blood cells. They said i was a diabetic and put me on empagliflozin 10mg i have never felt weird or even thought i was a diabetes. would high red cell make the result be high? as when i take the pill 2 hours after my lips are like i have pins and needles and feel weird. i eat something the about 5 hours later my lips get pins and needles again only taken this pill 3 times now.

any advice??

Hello @paul2020

Welcome to the forum.

Do you know if the test you had was from blood drawn from your arm, or from a fingerprick?

Did you get any units with that number 9? It’s a bit confusing, but it may either be a spot-check, where 9mmol/L would be a little high, but not very extreme, or 9% which is an old way of saying 75mmol/mol, which is distinctly in the diabetic range for blood glucose over the last 3 -4 months

Unfortunately I dont have any experience of empagliflozin, but the Patient Information Leaflet in the box should list common, and less common side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back