Email Spam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilHawker

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone else received this email today or in the last few days claiming to be from Diabetes UK asking for money to help with research? I’ve attached some screenshots of the email which do not seem legitimate to me.
Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2585.png
    IMG_2585.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2586.png
    IMG_2586.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2587.png
    IMG_2587.png
    73 KB · Views: 30
Personally I would never respond to any unsolicited e-mails asking for money. The spammers are getting so sophisticated that they can make their stuff look legitimate. Its easier and safer to ignore everything than to try and sort out the spam from the real.

Thanks for flagging @NeilHawker @Inka

Could either of you DM me the email address that looked suspect so I can get this checked please?

If it’s not official DUK will want to take swift action!

Thanks.

I have followed this up with the Research Comms team and have been able to confirm that this IS a genuine appeal by Diabetes UK.

I have made them aware of the warning you received @NeilHawker in case anyone else has experienced the same.

Thank you for checking @everydayupsanddowns. I also thought the email may be spam as the tone was very alarmist and the language used could be viewed as quite scary. Probably just me though. I'm a natural born catastrophist :D

Sorry to hear that @Adup

Hopefully this feedback will help with future appeal mailings.

Thanks.

I have followed this up with the Research Comms team and have been able to confirm that this IS a genuine appeal by Diabetes UK.

I have made them aware of the warning you received @NeilHawker in case anyone else has experienced the same.
Thanks for your reply regarding this. It was a little concerning getting something which identified as a security risk and it was asking donations to help with research.

Thanks for your reply regarding this. It was a little concerning getting something which identified as a security risk and it was asking donations to help with research.

Yes I have passed that on to the relevant department. I wonder what triggered the alert? It might perhaps have been just an automatic flag because the domain name of the organisation and the domain name of the sender didn’t match?

People have been safely making donations in response to the email message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back