Email from Abbott Diabetes Care - Important Information Regarding iOS 18 (iPhones)

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Text as below:

[td]Dear Valued Customer,
iOS 18 is here and includes a new feature that allows users to apply a lock to apps using Face ID, Touch ID, or the device password. It also lets users hide any of their apps, so they don’t show up on their home screen. We are bringing this to your attention because when an app is locked or hidden, notifications will not be received – even from the FreeStyle LibreLink, FreeStyle Libre 3, or LibreLinkUp app 1,2. Because of this, we do not recommend using the Locked and Hidden app features with the FreeStyle LibreLink, FreeStyle Libre 3, or LibreLinkUp app 1,2 so your patients can continue to receive important notifications including glucose alarms3.
If your patient has locked or hidden their FreeStyle LibreLink, FreeStyle Libre 3, or LibreLinkUp app 1,2, follow the steps below to unlock or unhide it.
How to unlock a “locked-only” app:

• Touch and hold the FreeStyle LibreLink, FreeStyle Libre 3 or LibreLinkUp app 1,2 icon from the Home Screen, App Library or Spotlight Search.
How to unlock and reveal a hidden app:
  • Open the App Library
  • Scroll down to the “Hidden” category, tap it.
  • Authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or the passcode.
  • Select “Don’t Require Face ID”, “Don’t Require Touch ID”, or “Don’t Require Passcode”.
  • The app will now be unlocked and/or unhidden.
We’re here to help.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team for support.
[/td]

I had one yesterday re android 15.

Dear Valued Customer,

Android 15 is coming soon and provides a new feature called Private Space. This feature allows users to download apps in a separate space on their device and add an additional layer of authentication to access them. We are bringing this to your attention because if your patients use private space with their FreeStyle LibreLink, FreeStyle Libre 3, or LibreLinkUp apps1,2 they will no longer receive notifications, including glucose alarms3. Because of this, we do not recommend your patients using FreeStyle LibreLink, FreeStyle Libre 3, or LibreLinkUp app1,2 in Private Space.

If your patient has already installed their app in Private Space, follow these steps to ensure they keep receiving important notifications3 from their app.

• Uninstall the app from Private Space.
  • Install the app directly on the home screen by going to the App/Play Store.
  • Search for the FreeStyle LibreLink, FreeStyle Libre 3, or LibreLinkUp app1,2.
We’re here to help.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team for support

I’ve not installed the latest version yet, I turned this off on my phone last time the libre app went wonky it was enough for me.

Back