eek, pains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So today whilst at work I've been having some nasty tingly pains in my left hand again. I'm worried. Last time this happened it was suggested i may have carpal tunnel. These pains are not in my extremeties, not at all, but rather that fleshy bit under my thumb. It's very bizaare. Dyu think its worth talking to nursey about? Feet currently kind of painful (but thats due to working!), though sometimes in the morning i notice they're tingling abit when i wake up.

Definitely mention it when you see her.

Sam,

Here is a simple test. Squeeze your wrist and if you feel tingling in your index finger and/or thumb - then it is possible you have carpel tunnel. Also dangle your arm down over a couch or chair and if the tingling gets worse - this is also a sign.
The only way of finding out what the problem is, is by going to your gp -i remember you had this last week - so take action and find out for sure! Things can be rectified if you catch it early enough.🙂Bev

Sam,

Here is a simple test. Squeeze your wrist and if you feel tingling in your index finger and/or thumb - then it is possible you have carpel tunnel. Also dangle your arm down over a couch or chair and if the tingling gets worse - this is also a sign.
The only way of finding out what the problem is, is by going to your gp -i remember you had this last week - so take action and find out for sure! Things can be rectified if you catch it early enough.🙂Bev

i did the squeeze test...and it tingled 😱 I thinka GP appt is rather paramount!!!!!!!!

Thanks bev!

Hi, Some months ago I got a pain in the fleshy bit under my little finger. I thought little of it and thought I had strained or bruised (nothing visible) something. A few weeks ago I made a fist (can't remeber why) and my finger stuck - a really wierd sensation. I have now been dignosed with 'trigger finger'. Steroid injections are available but I have decided to wait and see as they are only 70% successful. Hope yours is just something temporary.

Just a quick note to say that I had this a few months ago, and that one steroid injection seems to have solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back