ECG and sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB2015

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The investigations after my TIA continue and I have an ECG next weekend.
Can anyone tell me whether I will be okay to have my sensor/transmitter in for this.
Many thanks

It’s fine

CGM whatever sort it is, as zero effect on your heart rate/circulation since it has no contact with anything to do with blood - and what they do is stick sensors all over your chest and shoulders which females do not find a problem, not having hairy chests usually! Literally just skin contact, and cos they aren't there for very long and you can't move about much, cos the electrical leads have to be attached to the actual machine that takes the readings and graph. A lady did mine (only ever had to have one some years ago) in a private room, so NP with boobs being exposed, but didn't even need to take my bra off since it's more your ribcage and wherever the best places to get readings from the main arteries & veins are. Oh, yep, they take your BP at times, too - so nowt invasive whatever. Just ruddy wires (fully insulated fat wires like the usual GP lead to the reader for that I hasten to add) everywhere in sight.

They just investigate everything it's reasonably simple to check when you've had anything they think might possibly have affected brain activity.

I stuck on a vest top under my teeshirt so was easy to get leads on without being topless. 🙂

The investigations after my TIA continue and I have an ECG next weekend.
Can anyone tell me whether I will be okay to have my sensor/transmitter in for this.
Many thanks

Ring and ask.
My phone interfered with my the last one I was at.
But that is obviously much greater power and a different frequency, but it was also much further away.

I stuck on a vest top under my teeshirt so was easy to get leads on without being topless. 🙂
That’s a useful idea
Thanks

CGM whatever sort it is, as zero effect on your heart rate/circulation since it has no contact with anything to do with blood - and what they do is stick sensors all over your chest and shoulders which females do not find a problem, not having hairy chests usually! Literally just skin contact, and cos they aren't there for very long and you can't move about much, cos the electrical leads have to be attached to the actual machine that takes the readings and graph. A lady did mine (only ever had to have one some years ago) in a private room, so NP with boobs being exposed, but didn't even need to take my bra off since it's more your ribcage and wherever the best places to get readings from the main arteries & veins are. Oh, yep, they take your BP at times, too - so nowt invasive whatever. Just ruddy wires (fully insulated fat wires like the usual GP lead to the reader for that I hasten to add) everywhere in sight.

They just investigate everything it's reasonably simple to check when you've had anything they think might possibly have affected brain activity.
Thanks Jenny

I shall be glad to come out the other side of all the tests, and have a plan for a way forward.

Can also confirm ecg will have no effect on sensors 🙂 I had one earlier in the year with no issues.

Excellent, that the NFC won't be picked up by the ECG sensors.
Which arm was it in?
Either left or right arm, it was a long time ago so can't remember 🙂

Excellent, that the NFC won't be picked up by the ECG sensors.
Which arm was it in?

I believe Sue’s CGM runs via bluetooth rather than NFC.

Not sure how related, or different, those are in terms of frequencies etc.

Could you ring whoever's doing it and ask? Certainly all the peripheral departments at our hospital can be contacted direct and have 'the knowledge' and at the GP surgery if the operative doesn't know, they just go and ask (or ring) someone they think will.

Could you ring whoever's doing it and ask? Certainly all the peripheral departments at our hospital can be contacted direct and have 'the knowledge' and at the GP surgery if the operative doesn't know, they just go and ask (or ring) someone they think will.
Thanks Jennie. I did just that this morning and they are confident that it will not interfere with the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back