Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it better to eat little and often or to eat less meals a day
Million dollar question. im on a diet and have three meals but i could eat 6 as I am greedy. However it depends on type I think as im type two but if you were going hypo on type one all the time then is think small and often would be better . Also if you were very fit or in an energy using job then I believe that might use more. It also depends on metabolism, stress medical reasons etc So i do not think there is a good or bad way it really depends in the person.

I agree with @Nayshiftin - it depends upon the person, their lifestyle and their body.
For me, what matters is total volume of food rather than how much I split it through the day.

This is a questions that only you will find the answer to. It is important to find what suits your life style and your needs regarding carb content and exercise. You May find that reading the experience of others on here can help you to look at different ideas.

Million dollar question. im on a diet and have three meals but i could eat 6 as I am greedy. However it depends on type I think as im type two but if you were going hypo on type one all the time then is think small and often would be better . Also if you were very fit or in an energy using job then I believe that might use more. It also depends on metabolism, stress medical reasons etc So i do not think there is a good or bad way it really depends in the person.

Thank you for your reply. I’m type 2. I eat three meals a day with no snacks. I’m also quite active in my job, I eat low carb and am not overweight

Thank you for your reply. I’m type 2. I eat three meals a day with no snacks. I’m also quite active in my job, I eat low carb and am not overweight
Sounds like you are doing well . When you say your not overweight . May i ask are you underweight and may need more?

Sounds like you are doing well . When you say your not overweight . May i ask are you underweight and may need more?
I’m just over 8 stone. My HbA1c is 48 and has been for a few years, whatever I try doesn’t seem to make any difference to the numbers. I have my 6 monthly check up in a couple of weeks maybe my numbers will have come down

Some 'experts' recommend three meals a day with no snacks in between. Others say that if you do that a graph of your BG levels will look like a Toblerone bar when it should really look like gentle rolling hills. They recommend a smaller breakfast, lunch and evening meal with light snacks in between. I tend to do the latter.

I find I am only eating once a day most of the time now, but I am years from diagnosis and can put on weight just by taking a deep breath when close to cake.
We are, I suspect, a group of people with different problems all related to dealing with carbs, but each having to discover our exact type and the best way to cope with it.
Have you ever been checked for other options than type 2?

I think it depends on what you snack on, low/no carb snacks ok, if you need to or carby snacks which are counterproductive according to some theories. Snacking can be something people do out of habit rather than need.
What suits you and works is the best way.

I find I am only eating once a day most of the time now, but I am years from diagnosis and can put on weight just by taking a deep breath when close to cake.
We are, I suspect, a group of people with different problems all related to dealing with carbs, but each having to discover our exact type and the best way to cope with it.
I think it depends on what you snack on, low/no carb snacks ok, if you need to or carby snacks which are counterproductive according to some theories. Snacking can be something people do out of habit rather than need.
What suits you and works is the best way.
Thank you for your reply Drummer. I was told I was type 2 when I was diagnosed. My diabetic nurse said I am doing everything I can to control my diabetes through diet. My Dad had type 2 diabetes so I think it is hereditary as I have never been overweight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back