Eating well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer5372

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Evening all.just had a US scan.all seemed fine apparently following on from my ct in November.only diagnosed in November with type 2 .I've been eating healthy etc since.the thing I don't understand is my readings.today had to not eat for 6 hours b4 scan.very hungry after.cooked turkey breasts in air fryer with cauliflower rice,peas, and mature cheese grated blended in.reading was 15.5!! Normally sit around 12.take 1 tablet a day of 80mg gliclazide at present.have been down to 9 etc when I first started.starting to think is it all worth it.one step forward.3 back!!what else can I do apart from eat cardboard!!any ideas? I'm active and work and at 49 starting to look at bigger picture!!getting frustrated .hope ur all well.

Evening all.just had a US scan.all seemed fine apparently following on from my ct in November.only diagnosed in November with type 2 .I've been eating healthy etc since.the thing I don't understand is my readings.today had to not eat for 6 hours b4 scan.very hungry after.cooked turkey breasts in air fryer with cauliflower rice,peas, and mature cheese grated blended in.reading was 15.5!! Normally sit around 12.take 1 tablet a day of 80mg gliclazide at present.have been down to 9 etc when I first started.starting to think is it all worth it.one step forward.3 back!!what else can I do apart from eat cardboard!!any ideas? I'm active and work and at 49 starting to look at bigger picture!!getting frustrated .hope ur all well.
I was going to suggest just that, having not eaten for that time your glucose level may have been higher than usual prior to your meal but your meal does sound to be quite carb heavy with rice and peas but it does depend on how much you had. Also the stress of the scan may have increased you blood glucose as well. It is a pity you didn't test before your meal to check what the effect of the food was.
If you are normally around 12 that suggests you are having too much carbohydrate, you want to be aiming towards no more than 8.5 mmol/l 2 hours after food.
I follow a low carb dietary regime and I can assure you I do not eat cardboard.
Dinner today was chilli, salad, mayonnaise, half a bread roll and sugarfree jelly with berries and cream
Have a look at the thread What did you eat Yesterday in the food forum and you will see people can still have tasty filling meals. Some people will have less carbs than others as they may be just dietary managed.

Depends if it was cauliflower rice or cauliflower and rice, I think the OP meant the former x

There was a speck of something on my screen that looked like a comma, so a bit surprising to see such a high level then.
Apologies @Hammer5372 for the misapprehension
Lol. I actually bought some cauliflower rice today as it goes. No idea what to cook it with and I hate cauliflower so not sure what I was thinking

Lol. I actually bought some cauliflower rice today as it goes. No idea what to cook it with and I hate cauliflower so not sure what I was thinking
I add it to stir fries with some spices. It can be a bit bitter but the spices hide that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back