Eating out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahb83

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just wanted to share had my first Indian take away in 6 months as a treat my favourite chicken tikka with salad but opted for a chapati instead of a naan and my post meal reading was 6.4 I was 5.9 pre meal. I’m viewing this as a decent bg result

Just wanted to share had my first Indian take away in 6 months as a treat my favourite chicken tikka with salad but opted for a chapati instead of a naan and my post meal reading was 6.4 I was 5.9 pre meal. I’m viewing this as a decent bg result
Well done! Thats a really good reading. I just can't get it right, i end up with a massive spike. Its a good job its only a very occasional treat.

Well done! Thats a really good reading. I just can't get it right, i end up with a massive spike. Its a good job its only a very occasional treat.
I was soooo tempted by a korma but was worried about the coconut in it and possible sugar so just went with the tikka which is my fave anyway, chuffed with my fasting bg this morning aswell 5.6

My favourite food! I nearly just ordered a delivery for tonight but it went wrong so now I'm glad. I think. :rofl:

Well done on the excellent reading. 🙂

My favourite tea last night Italian chicken (butterfly chicken breast in Pasata, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, tomato purée purée, garlic, grated cheese, leeks and topped with bacon) with sweet potato fries and 6.3 afterwards been in the 6’s post meal for a week now so feeling quite happy with that get my bloods done again on 2nd March (couldn’t get anything sooner )

My favourite tea last night Italian chicken (butterfly chicken breast in Pasata, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, tomato purée purée, garlic, grated cheese, leeks and topped with bacon) with sweet potato fries and 6.3 afterwards been in the 6’s post meal for a week now so feeling quite happy with that get my bloods done again on 2nd March (couldn’t get anything sooner )

Mouth is watering at thought, sounds delicious.

All I can say is that I'm glad I got to make, and eat, the chicken biryani tonight after yesterday's craziness. BG still on high side today and not yet checked it tonight, but the steroids won't be entirely out of my system yet anyway. I've tried the brown basmati this time. You are all making me feel hungry again lol

Had a crazy cauliflower cheese with bacon for tea last night, found a recipe online that’s meant to be good for diabetics no flour to thicken it used double cream instead omg it was amazing sitting eating it last night I turned to my husband and said this can’t possibly be ok for me to eat this it was ridiculously rich but to my shock my post meal reading was 5.9 - undoubtedly won’t be beneficial to weight loss but the carb count was good x

Had a crazy cauliflower cheese with bacon for tea last night, found a recipe online that’s meant to be good for diabetics no flour to thicken it used double cream instead omg it was amazing sitting eating it last night I turned to my husband and said this can’t possibly be ok for me to eat this it was ridiculously rich but to my shock my post meal reading was 5.9 - undoubtedly won’t be beneficial to weight loss but the carb count was good x
I often make cauliflower and or broccoli cheese but if I just cook the veg and pour the sauce over it on the plate it is fine but if I put in a dish and put in the oven or under the grill, I get a load of watery liquid in the bottom of the dish. Where does it come from?
I make the sauce from grated cheese and Philadelphia and a spoon of mustard.

I often make cauliflower and or broccoli cheese but if I just cook the veg and pour the sauce over it on the plate it is fine but if I put in a dish and put in the oven or under the grill, I get a load of watery liquid in the bottom of the dish. Where does it come from?
I make the sauce from grated cheese and Philadelphia and a spoon of mustard.
What quantities to you use? x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back