Eating Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
My OH and his friend are both Type2 diabetic. We want to go out for a meal but wonder which is better Indian or Chinese food. Does anyone have any information which would be better for diabetic men?:confused:

Depends upon from what perspective you are referring too, do mean which is more healthy or has less carbs per meal? Both are quite carby depending on the dish, but my preference is a Chinese but I do enjoy the occasional Indian. Toby.

you appear to have put your whole email addy in as your name u need to change it asap im sure one of the mods will be along soon

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say probably the Chinese unless you have the strength of will to avoid the naans as well as the rice and the noodles.

Chinese is better in respect of my blood sugars than Indian but I guess it depends on the dishes that you choose. I'm not really into spicy food so the milder indian dishes are probably sweeter.

I tend to avoid Chinese these days, mainly because of hidden sugars in sauces - I got caught out by a chicken and beansprout stir-fry that I should have been able to handle, but couldn't.

So, it's Indian all the way for me - avoiding the rice and breads - but having lots of tikka stuff - yum yum!

I tend to avoid Chinese these days, mainly because of hidden sugars in sauces - I got caught out by a chicken and beansprout stir-fry that I should have been able to handle, but couldn't.

So, it's Indian all the way for me - avoiding the rice and breads - but having lots of tikka stuff - yum yum!

Same for me too, although I do share rice & naans as I can't resist! :D

Naan bread gave me one of my worst blood sugar spikes, so I avoid that, but Chinese food (restaurant and takeaway) is worse for me than Indian.

Hi there hope you had a good night out?

May be a little late now but id always go for indian hands down simply becauce the only thing i like chinese wise is prawn crackers lol, other then that as already been mentioned alot of the chinese food is covered in sticky sugary sauces, i find with indian if i go with chick balti plain naan and boiled rice it is absolutly fine on my BS levels..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back