Eating avocados can reduce food cravings and diabetes risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yum, Guacamole here I come. I love avocado.

I think I've probably said this before, but they are horrid - pretending to be pears when they are nothing like! Just like olives (ewww!) pretend to be grapes! 😱

I think I've probably said this before, but they are horrid - pretending to be pears when they are nothing like! Just like olives (ewww!) pretend to be grapes! 😱

Yay Alan we 100% agree hate the stuff

I used to agree with you both. It took me years to acquire a taste for both avocados and olives... and now that I love them, I have to restrict them to occasional treats. :(

Three-year-old Eleanor likes olives. 🙂 We haven't tried her with avocado yet, it's not something Mummy buys because she can't stand it herself.

I went Olive picking in Cyprus one year. Love the little ----. Prawns & Advcardo Yummy 🙂

Have eaten prawns for "ENGLAND". Love them aswell 🙂 5 Lobster one night was in heaven claws & all

never had Advocado and hate Olives what I can't understand is if Advocado is a pear then why is it high in calories ???:confused:

never had Advocado and hate Olives what I can't understand is if Advocado is a pear then why is it high in calories ???:confused:

Avocado is not a pear, it's a stone fruit. It just happens to be pear-shaped. The flesh is deliciously creamy in texture, because it's high in fat (the 'good' kind, but still calorific). Mmm - dreams of crispy bacon and avocado in a crusty white baguette.

Avocado is not a pear, it's a stone fruit. It just happens to be pear-shaped. The flesh is deliciously creamy in texture, because it's high in fat (the 'good' kind, but still calorific). Mmm - dreams of crispy bacon and avocado in a crusty white baguette.

Thanks for this information and I think i am going to have to try one for myself to see if I like them or not :D

Oh shush. Now I'm going to have to go out an buy one. 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back