eating and insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
i have caught a nasty bug from lastnite , and not been able to eat breakfast or dinner, so therefore not took any insulin is this going to affect me tonite, i have tryed my best to eat soup but keep throwng it up:confused:

Hi,

I would check your BG levels regularly to make sure that they are OK.
You should still inject some insulin even if it is a reduced dose.
You may find that you still need your usual amount as the body tends to release all kinds of hormones when you're ill that will drive up your BG.

Test lots scotty and keep going with your basal insulin.

Hope you feel better soon. If its any consolation there has been a bug at my work and the symptoms only lasted 24 hours, hopefully fingers crossed you dont suffer this too long.

Feel better hon xx

Thanks peops, i hope it is only 24hour as it is my birthday tomorro x

Make sure you take your levemir, at least. Hope you are feeling better soon. What are your levels like? If they are high you may need some novorapid. Are you checking for ketones?

When my OH was ill with vomiting ( he is not diabetic) the pharmacist advised sipping flat standard coke - it apparently has all the electolytes you need to re-hydrate - I don't know if that applies to the diet variety - maybe call the pharmacy.

But you definitely need to keep taking the insulin. Can you contact your GP or DSN for advice ?

Make sure you take your levemir, at least. Hope you are feeling better soon. What are your levels like? If they are high you may need some novorapid. Are you checking for ketones?

just took 2 units of nova see how i go, i checked for ketones none as yet

When my OH was ill with vomiting ( he is not diabetic) the pharmacist advised sipping flat standard coke - it apparently has all the electolytes you need to re-hydrate - I don't know if that applies to the diet variety - maybe call the pharmacy.

But you definitely need to keep taking the insulin. Can you contact your GP or DSN for advice ?

my mum bringing me some lucozade when she finishes work thanks, only going to drink small amounts though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back