Easyjet Extra Cabin Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambradley5

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello all,

I'm going to Amsterdam tomorrow and was wondering, Can I request an extra bit of Luggage for my medical supplies for free? I was reading around and it was all just a mixture of answers. Currently in a live chat queue waiting but wanted to hear others' experiences.

Thanks in advance

Hello all,

I'm going to Amsterdam tomorrow and was wondering, Can I request an extra bit of Luggage for my medical supplies for free? I was reading around and it was all just a mixture of answers. Currently in a live chat queue waiting but wanted to hear others' experiences.

Thanks in advance
Generally I think you require a medical letter detailing need for said bag.

I took an extra medical bag with EasyJet a few years ago. I kept it small and had it in addition to my normal small handluggage.

Just to add that I did have a diabetes letter and took a copy of my prescription too. I had no problems at all apart from one guy when I was going out to board the plane but when I explained it was a permitted medical bag, he was fine. My total hand luggage volume was still less than the idiots who drag wheeled suitcases up the aisle because they don’t like waiting at the carousel 🙄

I guess I am one of those “idiots” who take a wheeled case that matches the dimensions for cabin luggage as I often travel for work and need to optimise my time for meetings rather than waiting for my hold luggage.
i only have the wheelie. That contains everything for my trip including laptop for work and all my diabetes paraphernalia. I prefer to have one bag which I am capable of carrying up the steps of the plane and along the aisle without hitting others as I pass as well as lifting it into the overhead locker myself. I am conscious of my fellow passengers and do not consider the space above my seat to be “my” space or (one of my pet dislikes), hit seated passengers with my bag as I pass,

I am not sure what takes up most space - my laptop, notebook and cables or my diabetes kit. But they all fit in the one bag.

It’s a little while since this was updated, but this page lists the procedure for various airlines, including EasyJet:

I guess I am one of those “idiots” who take a wheeled case that matches the dimensions for cabin luggage as I often travel for work and need to optimise my time for meetings rather than waiting for my hold luggage.
i only have the wheelie. That contains everything for my trip including laptop for work and all my diabetes paraphernalia. I prefer to have one bag which I am capable of carrying up the steps of the plane and along the aisle without hitting others as I pass as well as lifting it into the overhead locker myself. I am conscious of my fellow passengers and do not consider the space above my seat to be “my” space or (one of my pet dislikes), hit seated passengers with my bag as I pass,

I am not sure what takes up most space - my laptop, notebook and cables or my diabetes kit. But they all fit in the one bag.

I’m sure not @helli These were literally full size suitcases. It happens often. Then a big argument starts as they try to cram it into overhead lockers and the crew get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back