Easter hypo treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe!

I’m on my third bag (one in raincoat, one in warm coat, spare in the drawer)

Unfortunately it looks like they still include the uneatable green ones……

Do you know in which shop/supermarket I could find those? I need to stock up on hypo treatment and this would be a fun little change (I bet they taste the same tho :rofl:).

Our Tesco have them with all the Easter stuff

Thanks for the replies. I found them in a local shop. 50p more expensive than the regular JB for the same quantity, this will be a one off.

They do taste better than ordinary JB...or maybe is just my previous bag of JB was opened for so long, the little dudes turned into rocks :D

I came across the mini-bags of Haribos just before Halloween and 'trick or treating' in 2021. I bought several multi-packs in Aldi, with 42 mini-bags in each multi-pack for about 22p per 100gms; at that time my jelly babies had been about 50p per 109gms in 500 gm boxes.

The Haribo mini-bags are remarkably convenient, with each bag being between 15 and 18 gms of carbs - so a convenient pre-measured hypo response pack. I have mini-bags in every possible place where I might need to find a pack, they keep well and are small enough to be discrete in any pocket.

I've just seen the Haribo Christmas Tree 'treats' which are just the opposite: bulky, not individually wrapped and nearer 25 gms of carbs per tree; also very expensive at over £1 per 100 gms. So one needs to be selective with Haribos, but they do provide variety from JBs.

I bought some conventional baby shaped Asda own brand Jelly Babies a few weeks ago and they tasted totally different.... almost like Turkish Delight. I really liked them and cheaper than Maynard/Bassets. Just a shame that Asda isn't closer as I probably only visit that town once or twice a year. May have to stock up next time.

I have tried different types of sweets to treat hypos but I am tempted to eat them at other times whereas I seem to have got into a mentality of viewing JBs as medicine to treat hypos, all be it nice medicine. Definitely will not be paying more for chick shaped ones. I am more practical than romantic and I very much doubt I would stop to look at or appreciate the different shape in the midst of a hypo, especially in the dark of the night when I don't even put the light on. I sound like a right miserable old git don't I!

In a smaller shop I found they had £1 bags of Skittles (smaller than the bags in supermarkets but the price isn't too bad). Anyway, the Wild Berries flavour is quite nice.

Your view is more practical and makes a lot of sense @rebrascora . I like this silly little things. But also like to save my money so I wouldn't pay this extra again. Regarding brands, I never had the Maynard's JB before this bag. It was either Asda, Tesco or Lidl's own brand. I find the texture a bit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back