eastbourne discovery weekend with JDRF

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
we had really good time myself and my partner and graham slept for the all 2 hours the best bit was about the research with scientist Tim Tree he was great and he said again the reasons for tie 1 and tipe 2 geneticly are completly different andlots of discussions about DNA and stem cells because i was quite intrgue by keeping graham stem cells and the one fom the umbelical cord once the new baby is born but he had a lots of reserve about this and he did explained it very well and nowdays you can grow stem cells from adult DNA so i dont think i am going to store them by the way i saw all the pictures from the 2 nd birthday really great , are children allowed in the pub maybe next time i can come with graham🙂

Thanks Daniela, sounds like you had an interesting time! It's nice to know that so much effort is going into developing these new treatments, let's hope they come to fruition 🙂

I don't think the pub we were in on Saturday would be suitable for children, unfortunately. Some pubs do have family rooms though, so might be something to bear in mind another time.

I think kids are usually allowed in wetherspoons?

Daniela it would be great if you and Graham could come next time 🙂 We can always go somewhere suitable for children if people are planning on bringing them along.

I saw it was the JDRF Discovery Day, I would have gone if it hadn't been the same day as the meet!

I've heard about the stem cell thing, it sounds very interesting.

I'd be happy to go to a child-friendly location for the next meet if people want to bring little ones 🙂 I think katie is right, children are usually allowed into spoons, I'm sure they do a children's menu?

Actually, when I think about it I've seen children in the Spoons in Soton, just not very often. I suppose somewhere like Brighton would be ideal for kids to come along to (when it gets a bit warmer!) 🙂

We went to the discovery day as well.
I thought Tim Tree was absolutely amazing the way he explained everything, we learnt so much about how type 1.
I think everyone should listen to him explain type 1 when they are diagnosed!
I wish he could do some of my lectures at uni, I might understand a few things a bit better then!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back