Early morning Omnipod change - yawn

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning,
So going to bed my high alarm went off at 14 so I took my corrective dose as my pump advised.

At this time I thought my carb counting of our takeaway tea was a bit out, so fine. Stupidly I went to bed.

Anyway I woke up after being in bed about an hour and it was 18 and still going up. But as it had been not that long since my last correction the pump didn’t suggest anymore insulin.

Woke 1.26am at 20. More correction now.
Husband woke up about an hour later with toothache so I got up, had 2 glasses of water, a brew, blood tested (20.2) checked site (seemed alright) and stayed up.

Waited 2 hours for the insulin to do its thing and then tested again, at 18. It should have started doing something within that time for me.

So new pump on at 3.35am, I can’t wait for the alarm in 3 days 🙄

Anyway the site was leaking, very damp with insulin, so the cannula must have been out. It’s annoying as I still had until 8pm with that pump.

Off to bed now, hopefully back in range soon and can get some sleep. Not that diabetics need sleep right?!

Oh yes we’ve had a few emergency cannula changes in the small hours, it’s not fun, is it! Must be even more annoying if you have to throw away a half-used pod with insulin still in it. My daughter really wanted to try Omnipod this time, she fancied going tubeless, but she wasn’t allowed because her total daily insulin usage is a bit too high, her clinic will only allow them if you will definitely last 3 days on one (apart from the occasional failure like you had).

A week or two ago I was getting very insistent high alarms on Dexcom follow, I usually ignore them because either she or the pump will sort it out; it was the middle of the night though and they didn’t stop, so after a couple of hours I thought I’d better have a look and see what was going on. And she was 21 and rising 😱 which never happens unless something has gone drastically wrong. So I had to go and wake her up (amazingly the insistent beeps had not) and it turned out she’d somehow missed the low battery alert on her pump and hadn’t charged it. Oops…. So then had to connect it up and wait long enough for it to get enough power in to last until the morning, which thankfully doesn’t take long!

Morning,
So going to bed my high alarm went off at 14 so I took my corrective dose as my pump advised.

At this time I thought my carb counting of our takeaway tea was a bit out, so fine. Stupidly I went to bed.

Anyway I woke up after being in bed about an hour and it was 18 and still going up. But as it had been not that long since my last correction the pump didn’t suggest anymore insulin.

Woke 1.26am at 20. More correction now.
Husband woke up about an hour later with toothache so I got up, had 2 glasses of water, a brew, blood tested (20.2) checked site (seemed alright) and stayed up.

Waited 2 hours for the insulin to do its thing and then tested again, at 18. It should have started doing something within that time for me.

So new pump on at 3.35am, I can’t wait for the alarm in 3 days 🙄

Anyway the site was leaking, very damp with insulin, so the cannula must have been out. It’s annoying as I still had until 8pm with that pump.

Off to bed now, hopefully back in range soon and can get some sleep. Not that diabetics need sleep right?!
Hrumph
I hope that you get more sleep tonight.

Hrumph
I hope that you get more sleep tonight.
I feel back asleep about 5am until 8am so not too bad.

It’s been higher today too as I’ve started on a few days of steroids, not ideal timing, so temporary basal for me.

Bedtime soon definitely

I feel back asleep about 5am until 8am so not too bad.

It’s been higher today too as I’ve started on a few days of steroids, not ideal timing, so temporary basal for me.

Bedtime soon definitely
Glad that you got some sleep last night. Steroids play havoc with my BG but the temp basal is likely to make life a lot easier. Get some good rest.

Blimey…… that’s every other one for us, can do them in the dark with half a hand working :rofl: But in all seriousness, it’s bloody annoying ain’t it! How do people on here feel when BGs are in the 20s? Jo don’t seem to notice yet.

Back