Early Days With Libre 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Started off well with over 90% in range although this plunged to 82% on Thursday my physio day when I went both high and low with pre-loading and rapid drop during intense exercise. Currently at 98% with average of 6 9 although a bit uo and down! 🙂

Screenshot_20230225_124438_com.freestylelibre.app.gb.jpg

It’s amazing what you learn about your body in the first few weeks and how it reacts to different things.
I never really believed the water lowering glucose levels but I have seen it happen now, and the impact baked beans has on my levels in terms of a spike that later corrects, with blood testing I couldn’t see the spikes

That looks a great chart and excellent TIR. It is a fantastic tool in finding out how your body reacts to different foods and exercise, etc. Imagine just doing fingerprick tests and just seeing spot readings, you could miss spikes and drops completely.

The Libre has been an invaluable help for me in experimenting with different prebolus timings for different foods and really helped me reduce spikes to achieve a much better TIR (and hopefully a greatly improved HbA1c when I get my next blood test!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back