dulaglutide semaglutide

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiabeticJames

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

I'm type 2 diabetic and am current on a once weekly injection dulaglutide along with metformin.

The diabetic nurse whats to put me on semaglutide (ozempic) once she's reviewed my bloods.

Has anyone experianced this change and found it benifical? I'm a little apprehensive of this change as the pens I currently use are single use, kinda epipen style so am able to press button and look away you'd thought at the age of 34 I'd be able to get pass the fear of needles but its still with me and worried the delivery system on the new drug may need more having to look at the needle itself.

I've been trying hard to control my diabeties with diet and exersice and have managed to lose 14kg since my diagnosis in April but am aware still long way off where i need to be, is there a point when I can start trying to control my diabeties with diet/exercise alone? Sorry so many questions.

Thanks in advance
James

@Lucyr has been using Ozempic I believe and may be able to advise on the injection mechanism.

@Lucyr has been using Ozempic I believe and may be able to advise on the injection mechanism.
Thank you, won't be changing until next week at the earliest but have quite a few dulaglutide injection left so will ask nurse if I should use them up first prior to changing.

But that be helpful if she has some insight.

Thanks

The injection pens for ozempic are the same style as disposable insulin pens so probably the same as you’re used to. The first time you use the pen you do an airshot. But the injections after that you dial up to the dose you need (there’s only a choice of airshot or the full dose), then inject. I don’t look at my injections either. The needles do come in the ozempic box with it and are very small, either 4 or 5mm.

The injection pens for ozempic are the same style as disposable insulin pens so probably the same as you’re used to. The first time you use the pen you do an airshot. But the injections after that you dial up to the dose you need (there’s only a choice of airshot or the full dose), then inject. I don’t look at my injections either. The needles do come in the ozempic box with it and are very small, either 4 or 5mm.
Thank you, feel a little more confident, thanks again

Glad you’re feeling more confident. If you want to see the injection pen look on YouTube for something like how to inject ozempic as there are plenty videos there.

Glad you’re feeling more confident. If you want to see the injection pen look on YouTube for something like how to inject ozempic as there are plenty videos there.
Thank you, much appricated and nice to find someone who can relate.

Thank you will have a look

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back