DUK's website nominated as '2009 Website of the Year'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Diabetes UK has been nominated in the non-profit category in the 2009 Website of the Year awards, in the non-profit category. I'd love to know by whom because I've always found it very difficult to use, and they don't promote this place enough. But that's just my opinion, YMMV🙂

http://www.websiteoftheyear.co.uk/vote.php?id=218

That nomination is less plausable than our Bev listening to a Kate Bush record.:D

That nomination is less plausable than our Bev listening to a Kate Bush record.:D

Hahahahaaaaa!!!!!:D

I agree. I dont think its a good website really at all. The new member login area is awful. I registered and been back a few times and haven't found it any easier or any benefit.

Cant we nominate this one as website of the year? I know its technically perhaps as advanced as it could be, but it does exactly what it says on the tin and seemingly serves us well!

Can you nominate us N?

Diabetes UK has been nominated in the non-profit category in the 2009 Website of the Year awards, in the non-profit category. I'd love to know by whom because I've always found it very difficult to use, and they don't promote this place enough. But that's just my opinion, YMMV🙂

Are you kidding me?! It is, without a doubt, one of the best websites I've ever used. I've never failed to find what I want in a moment's notice. I always know where I am and what I'm doing. Everything is laid out as if I'd laid it out myself. I just LOVE this site.

</sarcasm>

😉

...Cant we nominate this one as website of the year? I know its technically perhaps as advanced as it could be, but it does exactly what it says on the tin and seemingly serves us well!

Can you nominate us N?

No, unfortunately - it appears that the nominations come from some undefined source:

In each category, he may choose one of the websites nominated by the Organising Company and the magazine ?.net?, the Game?s partner.

all i can say to this is...

hahahahahaha

why?

well i only went on it once...then found this place!

I check it every few days for the news ont he main page but that is it. I don't think that it's easy to navigate.

I never both using it, it is naff.

I do go on their facebook page once in a while just to argue with them about something, makes me feel quite good. Seen a few of you on there as well.

Who in the right mind would vote for 'that' site? Nevermind nominate it.

The site is terrible, surely a first class demonstration of how to make information impossible to access information that could be of use to you??

Oh, the reason the information is impossible to access is, in my opinion because it no longer contains any useful information. Years ago there was lots of useful information available, you still had to search, but it was there.

Ho humm...

You do make me laugh David but you are soooo right. It is appalling and the info is rubbish.

Probably the best thing I found on DUK's site was the link to this web site🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back