DUK survey on Type 2 self monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've completed it.

According to some phone conversations I had with them last year they are keen to find out how T2s test and what they do with the information. As I'm sure you're aware not all T2s are given the opportunity or supplies required for testing as "the results might upset us, or we may become obsessed". The real reason I'm sure being that some PCTs are obsessed with the supposed costs involved in giving us the gear we need to help us take control of the disease. I hope the data will add weight to the argument that all T2s should be encouraged to test and taught what to do with the results. I do not think that any of this means DUK is concentrating on us and neglecting T1s, all it means is they have a new campaign under way which may benefit a great many people and they should be encouraged in that.

I've completed it too. I hope that some good will come out of this - namely the option for us T2's to make changes to our diabetes control by being given the option and materials to test and monitor our progress.

I hope that the results support this and that the survey doesn't disappear into cyberspace oblivion..

Thanks Northerner for posting the link!

Karina

Just filled it in hope something does happen or will it just fade away in to the ether or will we get updates

I just filled it in.

Hopefully more T2s will get the chance to test and keep the chances of complications down.

I just filled it in Dodger

Duly completed it, Northener.

Let's hope our returns receive due attention!

Tried to do mine - but because am on Insulin couldn't continue????

hugs Mo xx 🙄

Tried to do mine - but because am on Insulin couldn't continue????

hugs Mo xx 🙄

Yes, I think they are trying to find out about non-insulin users. People on insulin generally do not have problems getting strips because you have to be able to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back