DUK Roadshow visiting a town near you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha1

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi All ..

Thought this may be of interest. I have just picked up our local daily newspaper.

The Diabetes UK Measure Up Roadshow, will be coming to Barrow-in Furness, Cumbria on Wednesday and Thursday ( 31st March & 1st April) and be at Town Square form 9am - 5pm.

DUK will be measuring peoples waistlines to see if they are at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. Advice and information on diabetes will also be available.

I'm not to sure how many people on the forum live near this area .. but the article also goes on to state, The Roadshow is going to 77 locations around the country from February 2 to October 29.

Heidi
xx🙂

I typed in 'measure up roadshow' into DUK's search box hoping to find more details - typically 'no matches found'. It didn't even find 'roadshow'. It found 'measure' but nothing relevant. Way to run a campaign DUK!🙄

Edit: I beg their pardon - it didn't search the whole site from the location I typed the request in, I had to tick another box.

Last edited:
I typed in 'measure up roadshow' into DUK's search box hoping to find more details - typically 'no matches found'. It didn't even find 'roadshow'. It found 'measure' but nothing relevant. Way to run a campaign DUK!🙄

Having said that it may be our local ... it didnt state which year do it may have gone ... 😉

Thay have a quote about the campaign form a Helen Pattie regional manager for DUK in the Northwest .. if this may help ..

Heidi
xx🙂

Sorry Heidi, I jumped the gun (see my edit), although it didn't give any actual details of towns/venues.

Sorry Heidi, I jumped the gun (see my edit), although it didn't give any actual details of towns/venues.

Hehehe .. No worries Northe .. 🙂

I thought it could have been the paper make random things up to fill column space lol .... Only last week it reported a car had been broken into and among items taken was a Dr's sick note " For Regular Diabetes" .... this baffled me and my friend (also Type1) .. her reply is not printable ... 😱

Heidi

xx🙂

How sweet- my mum volunteered for it last week in Winchester and Salisbury and really enjoyed it.

The Salisbury one had a press release, they saw so many more than predicted and some great work done by the looks of it.

My mum got a hug of a lady she gave some healthy eating information advice to who had type 2 diabetes for a year and received any support or advice so far and felt a bit lost. How lovely x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back