Due new pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandma

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Im due a new pump and having difficulty picking one was going to go for the Insight as I am on the Combo but reading a lot of bad reviews about it can have the Medtronic 640G was thinking of that if I can get the CBM with it but don't know as with that it stops the insulin when low. Is anyone on the Mylife Omnipod and if so any input on that would be helpful:confused:

My name is on the 640 as well. Currently use the Medtronic Minmed and it's been a great little pump for 4 years now.

it can have the Medtronic 640G was thinking of that if I can get the CBM with it but don't know as with that it stops the insulin when low.

Stopping insulin when low is only an option Grandma. You could disable that feature if you didn't want it active - or even only have it active at certain times of day.

Though I have to say when I used the MM640G with sensors for 9 weeks SmartGuard was amazingly successful and reduced my time in hypoglycaemia by about 90%!

Love my Insight. No teething problems and wouldn't swap it for the world. :D

Went with the Insight and think its great had it for 2 weeks now no problems so far but will let you know how it dose

Went with the Insight and think its great had it for 2 weeks now no problems so far but will let you know how it dose
Really pleased you are happy with your new pump 🙂

Pun not intended? :D

Well done & good to here ! I am pleased for you also. Am coming over to Lakes hopefully nxt week without big kids 🙂

Im due a new pump and having difficulty picking one was going to go for the Insight as I am on the Combo but reading a lot of bad reviews about it can have the Medtronic 640G was thinking of that if I can get the CBM with it but don't know as with that it stops the insulin when low. Is anyone on the Mylife Omnipod and if so any input on that would be helpful:confused:
Hi grandma I started on the omnipod about 2 months ago. It's my first pump so I have nothing to compare it with but I love it. The website is very informative and there is an omnipod UK forum which talks about some of the problems people encounter. Most would never give it up. I understand that in my area (Birmingham) a lot of people are using omnipod. I think not having any tubing persuaded me.

Well done & good to here ! I am pleased for you also. Am coming over to Lakes hopefully nxt week without big kids 🙂
I sent you a message yesterday I think but not sure if it went could not find the send box We are going to Ennerdale this weekend to scatter Pauls ashes give me a text or can someone tell me how to send messages please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back