Dry red wines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't drink a great deal so wouldn't know one red wine from another. I find my local off licence quite helpfull, if I need to buy wine as anyone for a present I go talk to them. They show me the cheapest and the most expensive and the most popular. I usually opt for the most popular. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I don't.

If buying for yourself, have you thought about going to a wine tasting? I think good wine is a very personal thing. I like dessert wine and my grown up son likes very dry white wine. My husband would rather have real ale!

Red Wines

My husband is a red wine drinker and he recommends Blossom Hill Grenache Shiraz and Ernst and Julio Gallow Turning Leaf, hope this helps :D

red wines

I've changed to red wine and can't work out which ones are the best so opted for trying all the pretty labels in the supermarket - problem is can't remember which ones are good when I go back for more. Fun trying to work it out though 🙂

If you do find any really nice ones though please post the names.

my theory

the one that leaves you with no hangover after the whole bottle is best 🙂 but then again most students like me end up in aldi on ?2 bottles of wine lol

Not a dry red wine drinker but love proper red. I've cut out alcohol altogether at the moment while trying to stabilise.

It's a little bit expensive, but if you really want to treat yourself and enjoy a seriously nice Rioja, Faustino Gran Reserva no. 1 is exceptional. The cheaper version is Faustino V, but still very drinkable.

Thanks will have to try a couple. Not a big drinker any more. But like a glass of wine while i'm watching the football. cheers.

Fitou wine study

Many years ago, while lodging with me for several months, a friend introduced me to Fitou red wines from France. As part of our research, we ended up with a row of bottles on top of a bookcase - and, as a geologist, she claimed she could detect the difference between wines grown on two soil types.

sorry i cant help i darent drink anymore, it sends my sugars crazy! awful for a 24 year old!

I'll second Paul's choice - the Faustino Rioja is lovely. Waitrose also do a Jindalee Estate shiraz which is nice - not bad at about ?6 per bottle - unfortunately I've never managed to find it anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back