Drs Note

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm of on me jollies on Saturday and mummy reminded me before she went away I needed a letter from the Dr's re carrying medical supplies ie insulin and needles.

Cause I've been so busy with work etc I forgot - called the DR's today and they said we can probably do you a letter in time to collect on Friday but it will cost you ?25 cheeky so and so's.

However I though I'd call the airline I'm travelling with to see what there policy is and cause it is insluin pens and little needles I dont need one.

I know it was asked a little while back on here and I meant to read the thread - Naughty Naughty me - but is it best to get one just in case for future travel 😉

wow its ?10 here at my surgery..... Anyway Di havw a lovely hol x

GP's will charge. DSN's won't charge so give them a phone and I'm sure they will post you one.

Enjoy your holiday

25 quid for a letter you're having a bubble aint ya!? How on earth can they charge for a letter, surely its just a templated document that they fill in a couple of variable fields and sign? Never mind my local doctor I'd want it signed by the minister of health for ?25! 😛

25 quid for a letter you're having a bubble aint ya!? How on earth can they charge for a letter, surely its just a templated document that they fill in a couple of variable fields and sign? Never mind my local doctor I'd want it signed by the minister of health for ?25! 😛

GPs will charge for anything they can - I had to pay ?20 for a doctor to sign my travel insurance form after my holiday was cancelled due to my diagnosis.

As others have said, ask the DSN for a letter, they will do them for free 🙂

My surgery print a standard letter - saying what my repeat prescriptions are and that I need to carry them

I have had 3 letters so far and they have all been free - I must be lucky.

It sounds like another postcode lottery

I got mine from the DSN and there was no charge. Some folk say they have never been asked for their letter at airports. I travel very frequently and Uk airports have never asked to see mine but Dalaman airport in Turkey is very fussy. Every time they have to see it and on Monday when I passed through they made 3 photocopies of the letter. A few other foreign airports have also asked to see it.

when i had mine for graham the receptionist said it would be 15? then i said i dont think so i want to speak to the gp and i did not pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back