Dr's Appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustee2011

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just got back from Doctors. She understood why I stopped the Indapamide. I explained the side effects and the mood dip it caused. Also understood that I was off my regular brand of antidepressants for a month. Now back on the brand that works for me. Have been on it for 12 days, and slowly feeling better.
Dr understood why I was thrown off via my eye screen result. I said with all the techniques I know and practice, I didn't think an anxiety depression episode would get me like this.
Dr said I was a bit too hard on myself.
She prescribed another high blood pressure med. I showed her my tracker. It was the same as the BP monitor resting heart rate was 87bpm. But over the day it read my blood pressure as 128. So I was puzzled with the high readings on the BP monitor. The white coat syndrome. Overall, a very positive appointment. Explained why they are concerned about the Blood pressure, as they don't want it to go unchecked and remain high. But, was pleased with my Blood test results

Advised me that it's normal for antidepressants to be increased dosage wise over a period of time. That assured me a lot. I thought it was because many years ago I kept adjusting the dose.. Nope not at all. I am still on the same dosage, but will let them know if my mood doesn't improve over next couple of weeks

I sometimes have a touch of white coat syndrome when to comes to my blood pressure so I got myself a monitor and take it myself and make a note. That way, when I've dashed to the doctors and my BP is knocking on heaven's door, I can whip out my phone and prove it's not normally bonkers :rofl:

If they are concerned about your BP, have they ever sent you home with a monitor and asked you to take it yourself over a 7 day period? It's worth doing that as it will give an overall average.

I have one at home, but I hate using it. I got a wristband one, which I prefer. I was sending them my readings last month, which were lower than at the Doctors

I have one at home, but I hate using it. I got a wristband one, which I prefer. I was sending them my readings last month, which were lower than at the Doctors
Over the 24 hour period when they asked me to read it in 2021 it was average of 157/87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back