driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammy1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi ive had my medication increased as my last hbca1 was up to 73 so been on low carb diet and increased my gliclazide from three gliclazide to four a day i was told by my doc i need to inform d.v.l.a about a restricted licence as im more at risk of having a hypo anybody know any more about this thanks

hi ive had my medication increased as my last hbca1 was up to 73 so been on low carb diet and increased my gliclazide from three gliclazide to four a day i was told by my doc i need to inform d.v.l.a about a restricted licence as im more at risk of having a hypo anybody know any more about this thanks

This is the leaflet for diabetes treated with diet and/or tablets. It says you don’t need to inform the DVLA unless you are actually experiencing hypos. But in any event you should be testing your blood glucose before driving, so I hope your GP has provided you with the wherewithal to do that.
It shouldn’t involve a restricted licence at this stage, unless you’ve got problems with repeated hypos or hypo awareness,

This is the leaflet for diabetes treated with diet and/or tablets. It says you don’t need to inform the DVLA unless you are actually experiencing hypos. But in any event you should be testing your blood glucose before driving, so I hope your GP has provided you with the wherewithal to do that.
It shouldn’t involve a restricted licence at this stage, unless you’ve got problems with repeated hypos or hypo awareness,
thank you

thank you for that he didnt say that he just said because gliclazide was one of the ones that can cause hypos so had to inform d.v.l.a and no i havnt had a hypo thanks for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back