Drinking alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rac123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi hope all are good just a quick question if child having a alcohol drink tonight has gone to a party his mom doesn’t want to be a downer and said he can have a few drinks she siting at home worrying he said he ok how has people cope with 17(nearly 18 ) having a drink I think it good he gets out with his friends but just like to know other peoples experiences thankyou

Is it because your son is diabetic you are worrying or is he just a normal teenager who will no doubt learn by his mistake if he overdoes it. I would have a bucket ready just in case.
However old they are you never stop worrying.

Alcohol can cause hypos @Rac123 so he should make sure to have a carby snack before bed and keep hypo treatments near.

Is it because your son is diabetic you are worrying or is he just a normal teenager who will no doubt learn by his mistake if he overdoes it. I would have a bucket ready just in case.
However old they are you never stop worrying.
Sorry I never notice this message he DBT 1 he went out and had a good night but his bloods when up to 18 then came down 14 and then his mom said dropped so she gave him a snack when he got home and checked him every hour but main thing he enjoyed his night x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back