Drink testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
When i go away on holiday, i am going to an all inclusive, in spain. As i have been before i no all they serve as a diet drink is diet coke, in the self service pumps.

I get prescribed Keostix sticks, can these test drinks? Have read the instructions, but does not mention anything about testing drinks.

Sounds daft i no but do not want to be sky high off the normal coke, as i find it difficult to tell the diffrence especially if it has a little vodka in it :D

Hello - Ketostix wont work unfortunately as they test for ketones not glucose.

You could get some glucose ones, but some sources say that they are not accurate. What is also a bit difficult I find with drinks abroad is that from different dispensers the drinks can sometimes taste a bit different.

Hi Scotty, you could always write this translation down and take it with you.

Excuse me please can you help me. I am a diabetic and would like to know if this is sugar free coca cola

In Spanish:
Excusa por favor me pueden ayudarme. Soy un diab?tico y me gustar?a saber si esto es az?car libre coca cola

I did this for my son who has severe allergies....if you can't say it just show the waiters etc the piece of paper.

My Diastix haven't let me down yet. Fiver for 50.

They shouldn't change colour after 30 seconds. I always give it a minute as drinks are often cold.

They shouldn't change colour after 30 seconds. I always give it a minute as drinks are often cold.

Thanks peops for info, and tez were can i get them from thanks.

Excuse me please can you help me. I am a diabetic and would like to know if this is sugar free coca cola

In Spanish:
Excusa por favor me pueden ayudarme. Soy un diab?tico y me gustar?a saber si esto es az?car libre coca cola

I did this for my son who has severe allergies....if you can't say it just show the waiters etc the piece of paper.

Marvellous idea, I've copied that info onto my word sheet of important things to remember about diabetes. Next I'll get someone to teach me how to say it properly and then the next time we are in Spain or the Balerics I will not need to worry about getting too many sugary drinks.
Thanks choccy!

I will second that - never had a problem with Diastix! They always seem to give an accurate indication.

In Spanish:

Thanks for this as I'm thinking of going away to Spain/Balaerics this year and it will be my first since being diagnosed so think this will be of great value.

Jackie x

becky got the diastix to work aswell for the DiDkA campaign so a test day will be planned !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back