Drink Camel Milk for Diabetes Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Camel milk has a great taste. But that’s not why Americans are beginning to drink it.

People with diabetes are drinking it to help us reduce our blood sugar and to reduce the amount of insulin we have to take. Camel milk is one of those rare functional foods that helps us manage our diabetes better.

Camel milk recently became available in the United States. Two years ago the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the sale of camel milk here. This year Desert Farms in Santa Monica, California, became the first camel milk wholesaler in the U.S. It is now on the shelves of natural food stores in California, including 40 Whole Foods Markets in the northern part of that state. By the end of this month Whole Foods will have it in its frozen food cases at 32 stores in Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, and Utah.

http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/c/17/172126/drink-camel-diabetes-control

I wonder if you can get it on prescription? 🙂

Sounds good. Hope it works ! What with Donkey steaks & Camel milk we will have a great time 😉:D

Daily mail has an article about this . £6 a pint coming from Holland & a bloke in Manchester is selling it. Sounds good in a few ways 🙂

Will camels be on free prescription on NHS?
I would need to make more room in my garden, and buy some sand.

I wonder if llama milk is similar? Might be easier to obtain, I think they are similar animals and farmed more extensively in the UK 🙂

so camels milk is the latest wonder food for people mmmm think i will reserve judgement

Not sure how noisey camels are but I suspect your neighbours would get the hump! :D

Darn it! You got that rubbish joke in before I was able to! I have my reputation to think of. :D

I'll have to go bactrian to the drawing board now.

Andy (Yay!) HB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back