Dreading tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emzi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have my appointment with the diabetic doctor tomorrow and will get the result of my recent hba1c and too be honest im dreading it after getting 8.3 in March from 11 i know it'll be right back up there again having lost the battle to carb counting and reverted back to my own ways. I just hope that the result is not too high but high enough for them to give me some help :(

fingers crossed its not too much of a shock...........

no one is perfect, tell them you want all the information they have on counting carbs and dose adjustment............

Emzi try and stay positive , stressing out over it wont help you, good luck and let us know how it goes

I hope it isn't as bad as expected. Maybe it would help if you can go in with a plan of what you would like for them. How they could support you to stay on track. i don't know if you see a DSN but it might be helpful if you could be in contact with one in between your consultant appointments? Good luck

Best of luck! Hope it's better than you're expecting.

I ALWAYS expect my A1c to be pretty crap, & it's never as bad as I expected. Am always pleasantly surprised.

Crossing my fingers for you.

Em

Good luck! My last one was pretty bad, was flabbergasted when the one before that was very good. But if its high then normally they offer more support.

Good luck Emzi. I too have my appointment tomorrow and am expecting it to be bad. I went a bit off the rails in Darwin :( I need a good kick up the bum so i'm hoping the doctor will be harsh with me 😉

Hi Emzi,

How'd it go? Hope they were supportive to you & the HbA1c was a nice surprise! 🙂

Twitchy x

Hi All it was as i expected - bad!! 10.8 :(

On the bright side though my doctor was very supportive this is the 2nd time ive met him and i think i finally have the right one. He rang the DSN's - as I dont have one at the moment and rang the nurses about the dafne course as he had wrote both of them letters but neither has got in touch with me and spoke to them there and then, i also explained when i spoke to the dietician i felt uncomfortable as she had put me in a room with another patient and i didnt feel comfortable with sharing my info with somebody being there. She apologised and i had a one to one with her.

My doctor wants to see me again in 6 weeks as he doesnt want me to go to long without seeing him which i think is really nice.

Im hoping things will pick up and ready to try again i just know it'll take time im already feeling sluggish and in a sense hungover from having some insulin and not living in the 'highs' all the time so hopefully that will change soon

Thanks

What a relief for you. It's a shame about the numbers but at least you're getting the proper support now, hopefully that will make a big difference in the future.

Hi Emzi sorry to hear of the rise but at least your getting the support you need hun, good luck for 6 weeks time hun xx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back